Marketers all refer to the power of context as a driver of personalization.
However, context extends beyond branding and includes messaging and marketing voice. These attributes are important to set your overall corporate context.
Context is complex … curation must be dynamic
- Context will surely vary for different types of individuals in different job roles. For instance, the role context for a sales associate is very different than that of a technical engineer. Digital experience needs to be curated for different users in order to engage each user effectively.
- Relationship context varies with the maturity and stage of a relationship. Context also varies based upon the abilities and responsibilities of the individuals underpinning the relationship. We all understand the power of this context from our own personal relationships.
- Activities relevant to a particular user defines situational context. For instance, curating for the first-timer requires additional guidance and enablement, versus what is required for more experienced users.
- Environmental context is also critical. We are living through a change in our environmental context with the COVID pandemic. For example, the way we collaborate and build relationships has become much more digital and yet, more human, within this context than it ever has been before.
One example of the impact of curating a change in environmental context is the ‘clean car program’ introduced to the New York subway system in 1984. To reduce crime, the environmental context was changed, continuously cleaning away all the graffiti covering the subway walls. This curated change in the subway environment, changed passenger behavior. The result was a huge reduction in crime rates on the subway system. (Source The New York Times).
360ecosystems-powered experiences consider all these contexts
360ecosystems Engagement Management platform is purpose-built for context curation.
- For corporate context, 360ecosystems-powered portals can be configured to meet the needs of any corporate brand or voice strategy. To meet the needs of unique portal participants, this corporate context can be changed dynamically depending on who is using the portal.
- Role context is simply handled with an infinite array of audience rules. These rules govern the distribution of specific resources to those user segments for whom the content, tool, application or relationship is relevant.
- Relationship context is once again easily configured with audience rules – distinguishing the maturity of the relationship, defining individuals or groups that are enabled to collaborate in a specific relationship within the context of a specific activity (e.g. opportunity development, onboarding, support, learning, etc.).
- Situational context is configured with rules and scripted engagement intelligence.
- Environmental context is managed by those who are closest to a crisis, an event, an acquisition, etc. In a 360ecosystems-powered portal just-in-time content can be added by designated individuals to publish just this type of contextual information.
Explore more information on 360ecosystems context-centric Engagement Management platform. Contact us to discuss how context can help build value for your employee, partner, customer or supplier relationships.